Nexgard Spectra is a revolutionary new parasite prevention product which protects your dog from fleas, ticks, mites, intestinal worms, and heartworms for a full month.
Nexgard Spectra combines two active ingredients to provide complete protection against the most common internal and external parasites of dogs in Australia. Like Nexgard, Nexgard Spectra protects against fleas, mites and ticks, but has the added benefit of protecting against roundworms, hookworms, whipworm, heartworm and the flea tapeworm. It comes as a soft, tasty beef-flavoured chew which your dog will love.
Tick paralysis can be fatal, so prevention is essential if you live in a tick area, or are planning to visit one. Paralysis ticks are found in most areas of the east coast of Australia and can be active year round in warmer climates. Dogs usually pick up ticks in their fur when moving through areas of long grass or scrub. Once attached, the Paralysis tick feeds on your dogs blood, while also releasing deadly toxin. This toxin causes paralysis, beginning with a change of voice, weakness in the back legs and trouble blinking or swallowing. Without treatment the symptoms progress to paralysis of the muscles of breathing, resulting in death.
Nexgard Spectra also protects your dog from deadly heartworm. Immature heartworm larvae are spread by mosquito bites. When the adults mature they live in the vessels of the heart and lungs, and can reach up to 30cm in length. Left untreated, heartworm disease causes heart failure and sadly death. Treatment for heartworm is dangerous and expensive, so prevention is essential.
- Extensive protection against fleas, ticks, mites, intestinal worms, and heartworm
- Rapidly kills fleas
- Treats and controls paralysis ticks for a full month
- Prevents heartworm disease
- Treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, whipworms, and the flea tapeworm
- Treats and controls demodectic mange, sarcoptic mange and ear mite infestations
- Oral treatment, not affected by bathing or swimming
- Comes as a soft, beef-flavoured chew your dog will love